Come celebrate the return of a million sockeye salmon to their
spawning grounds on the beautiful Horsefly River.
2020 Horsefly River Salmon Festival
Saturday September 19 & Sunday September 20.
The Horsefly River Roundtable would like to invite you and your family to join our community September 19 & 20, 2020 for the annual Horsefly River Salmon Festival. Come and celebrate with us the return of sockeye salmon to their spawning grounds on the beautiful Horsefly River.
- Talk with knowledgeable local River Interpreters who will be on hand to answer your watershed questions all weekend long
- Visit DFO information kiosks and representatives, to learn about the Horsefly Sockeye run
- Take part in fishy Arts & Crafts for children of all ages, and take part in Gyotaku — traditional Japanese fish painting
- Follow our fully accessible Horsefly Salmon Habitat Trail to the Spawning channels and learn more about this wonder of the natural world.
- Participate in fish dissection to find out more about the inner workings of sockeye salmon
- Stay tuned for more activities and events as they get confirmed.
Come and join us as we celebrate the return of the
Several years ago TLC took part in a funding campaign to support salmon habitat protection in the Upper Horsefly River. Please note that this post is NOT part of a current campaign. We just felt it was time to share this around again.
Give this salmon a round of applause!
Have you ever seen a river red with Salmon?
Horsefly River Roundtable, Northern Development Initiative Trust, Pacific Salmon Foundation, Heritage Canada, Fisheries and Oceans Canada, Cariboo Regional District, Williams Lake Truckers Association, Horsefly Realty, Private Donors.